Sunday, April 8, 2018

On-Stage Local Swap - Black Ice

So, I decided to try the black ice technique that Leena Girsa showed us during our team meeting for my swap cards for on-stage in London Ontario.  Here is the card...such a beautiful look, it is hard to capture in pictures, and really easy to do!!!


For the base of the card, I used the brick wall embossing folder and then took my archival black stamp pad (stazon would work too) directly to the paper and lightly pulled it down the card from the top to the bottom to get some accents on the bricks.  The black ice used technique used the same approach, but on silver foil paper. The trick is to keep your finger prints off the foil because it will add some "interesting textures (i.e., your finger prints) to the card.  I put very little black streaks on the foil paper, but you can add as many as you wish.  After that I stamped the image I wanted.  After the ink was dry (I used my heating tool as I had to make 50 of these cards), you take your versa mark ink pad and VERY lightly pull it down your foil paper too the same way you did the black ink. You don't want to press too hard or you will not get the ice look, but will just get a full clear emboss.  Then you emboss with clear embossing powder and heat set....very easy and really stunning results!!!

I had so much fun yesterday at On-stage and was able to swap my cards with many talented demonstrators!!!
Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super easy fun-fold card that still WOWs!!!

 Our last team meeting Batty Brooks demonstrated this super fun card that looks so difficult, but it is really really easy and has the WOW f...

01 09 10