Monday, January 13, 2020

Kylie's Demonstrator Training January Blog - Stamping with Jen Water color crystals meet Painted Poppies



Happy New Year!  Thank you for joining our Stampin Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! We are so Happy that you could join us today for this blog hop for ideas and creative inspiration.  We are a group of Stampin' Up® Demonstrators from around the world that are working together to build our business. Thank you so much for your support!

Make sure you hop along to the next creative project! The link list is below.

This month I decided try the water-colour crystals with the painted poppies stamp set.  The painted poppies stamp set is part of a must have bundle and even a must have suite!!!


I have completely fallen in love with this suite!! You will see more projects from me with them.  But for todays card, what do you think?


I had sooooo much fun making this card.  Have to admit it is a little messy, so make sure you move projects etc that you don't want to mess up!!  So first, I stamped the flowers on one piece of water color paper and the leaves on another with versa mark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I sprinkled the melon mambo watercolor crystals on the flowers and the granny apple green on the leaves.  Using my spritzer I activated the crystals and set aside to dry (see video below).

In the meantime I stamped and assembled the rest of the card.  Once the paper was dry, I took a paper towel and just wiped any color that was on the white embossing  (if you skip this step you will have pigments all over your hands (well, you likely will anyway LOL, but it is sooooo worth it).  Take a look at the flowers close up.

I am really happy with the effect that the water-colour crystals made.  Please watch my video if you are interested in making this card.  Please subscribe to my You Tube channel and like, comment and share the video if you like it.  For a complete list of supplies please see the bottom of this post.




The dimensions for this card are as follows:

  • 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 whisper white card stock, scored at 4 1/4
  • 5 1/4 X 4 whisper white card stock embossed with the stone 3D embossing folder
  • 3 3/4 X 4 3/4 old olive cardstock
  • 3 1/2 X 4 1/2 DSP from Peaceful Poppies DSP
  • old olive cut out using the rectangle stitched frame lit dies (approximately 3 1/8 X 4 1/4)
  • whisper white cut out using the rectangle stitched frame lit dies (approximately 3 1/8 X 4 1/4)
  • Watercolor paper
Thank you so much for coming by today! But make sure you continue on with the next blog hop and see where in the world you will end up!!!  Remember you are currently on my page Jennifer Kirk - Stamping with Jen.  See who is below me to know where to go next!



Product List

32 comments:

  1. Love the layout of your card! The poppies look really good using the pigment sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vibrant those poppies are....great video too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! You are so neat with the sprinkles, so glad you included the video, maybe I too can be a little neater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Poppies look amazing Jen. Fabulous job with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the use of Sprinkles on the flowers. What a great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the vibrancy of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. The sprinkles are so vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water colour crystals worked beautiful. What a beautiful and vibrant card Jennifer. Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator training Support Program Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie, and thank you for all your support!

      Delete
  9. Just beautiful. The water colour crystals are gorgeous. I'm going to have to put them on my wish list now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Jen! I love the way you have angled your different layers and the colour in the flowers and leaves is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cad is great! I love Pigment Sprinkles and I'm not sure why I didn't think of using them with Peaceful poppies. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! I love how vibrant the poppies are with the sprinkles. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne Marie, would love to see what you come up with!!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love how you used the pigment sprinkles to color the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super pretty! love the white heat embossing and the Sale-A-Bration Stone #D embossing folder!😊

    ReplyDelete

Hot Air Balloons - Simple Fun Fold Card

 Hello! How are you tonight? I have quite a bit of 6X6 designer series paper (DSP) and when I saw Karen Titus' video on how to use a 6X6...

01 09 10