Saturday, December 12, 2020

Stamping with Jen Butterfly Wishes


 Happy December!!! The holidays are almost here and all of my Christmas cards are out!!! A friend of mine was having surgery this week, so I needed a thinking of you card.  I pulled out a stamp set from the Annual Catalogue that I haven't used in so long and fell back in love again!  Butterfly Wishes is a gorgeous stamp set!


I also made a thank you card in blues...which one do you prefer?


To make this card, I cut out the pieces as listed below.  On the white rectangle, I stamped the flowers either in Blackberry Bliss or Night of Navy and did the same for the butterfly on scrap paper.  I actually stamped the butterflies three times, once on the oval die cut and two images on the scrap paper.  Using my blenderpens, I then blended the flowers and the butterfly to soften.  If you have some wink of Stella, go ahead and add some sparkle to the butterflies! Using the new blender brushes (available to demonstrators now and to customers Jan 5) I added Highland Heather or Balmy Blue lightly around the flowers.  Stamped the sentiments in Blackberry Bliss (from Good Morning Magnolia stamp set) or Night of Navy (from Heal Your Heart - New SaleABration set coming Jan 5).  The first layer of Whisper White was embossed using the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  For the butterflies I cut (using scissors one whole butterfly out and then on the second one just cut the top layer of the leaves.  I slightly curled these with my bone folder and then glued them to the whole butterfly to give a little dimension.  I then just put it all together! For the Purple card I added ribbon from the Playing with Patterns ribbon combo Pack and for the Blue card I used the Metallic Mesh Ribbon.  These are really simple, yet pretty cards to make! Supply list is below. Make sure you watch my video!!





Recipe:
- Card base - Whisper White 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- First Layer Whisper White 4 X 5 1/4, embossed with Tasteful textile embossing folder)
- Night of Navy Layer - 3rd largest Rectangle stitched die
- Whisper White layer - 4th largest Rectangle Stitched die
- Sentiment Layer - Whisper White - second largest oval from Stitched shapes dies


Product List
Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad
Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad
[126970]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super easy fun-fold card that still WOWs!!!

 Our last team meeting Batty Brooks demonstrated this super fun card that looks so difficult, but it is really really easy and has the WOW f...

01 09 10