Monday, March 8, 2021

Stamping with Jen - International Blog Highlights - Butterfly Bijou

Thank you Kyle and Bruno for organizing this and allowing us to gather together virtually and share our projects!  It has been a long long time since I pulled out the embossing paste and played. I wanted to showcase a few of the retiring colours, so I focused on Seaside Spray and Rococo Rose.  What do you think?


If you like this card please vote for me!!! Just click on the button or this link http://bit.ly/VoteForMeMarch21




I just love the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper and especially love that the Brilliant Wings Dies cuts out images in the DSP!

So to make this card, I used our blending brushes to add Seaside Spray Ink, Mango Melody Ink, and Rococo Rose ink to a piece of Basic White card stock.  I then made a template using cardstock and the brick dies from the Brilliant Wings Dies that I used to add the brick texture using the Shimmery White Embossing paste.  The pictures below show the procedure (using slightly different colours- will be changing up the colours for my FB live this Wednesday), but it gives you the idea.


I secured the "template" using old washi tape.  I then took the shimmery White embossing paste and mixed it with Seaside Spray ink.  Add one drop at a time and mix it until you get the desired color.  The photo below shows using Just Jade, and it is one drop.  A little goes a long way.

Using the palette knife, I then filled in the brick templates on my card, scraping excess embossing paste away.  Once the template is filled, you peel away the template leaving the card base with embossing paste.  Leave for a bit to dry (so not tacky to touch) and then you can decorate the card as desired.

After that, it is simply putting the card together.  I glued the blended layer to a layer of Rococo Rose cardstock and attached a Seaside Spray Metallic Ribbon using glue dots.  I simply took an extra piece of ribbon and tied a knot (as opposed to a bow) at the top.  The sentiment was stamped in Seaside Spray ink on a die cut from the Tasteful Labels Die and the butterfly was cut from the Butterfly Bijou DSP using The Brilliant Wing Dies.  Both were adhered using dimensionals. I finished the card off with some embellishments from the Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequins and splattered the card with Wink of Stella (I also painted the butterfly with wink of Stella, though it doesn't show up well on camera).

Here is a close up.  For the inside I kept it pretty simple and used the sentiment from Happy Thoughts.  The butterfly I stamped using the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set in Seaside Spray and sponged it in using the blending brushes before I die cut using the Brilliant Wings dies. I added a bit of Wink of Stella and kept it pretty simple.
The complete list of supplies are provided below. 

Please let me know what you think and come back Wed night to see different colours and make sure you let me know which one you prefer!!!

If you live in Canada and would like to order these supplies, please visit my on-line store here

You can watch my video here




If you like my card, please make sure you vote me.  Check out the other lovely cards from around the world!!!


Happy Stamping

Jen



Product List

6 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely techniques. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card showcasing some of the retiring colours. Thanks Jennifer for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Jen love the instructions very easy to follow thanks for sharing this the embossing paste looks great for the bricks adds a really lovely dimension. Good luck with the voting x Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh at first glance I missed the intricate details, thanks for the instructions, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, fab elements, many thanks for sharing, love the flutterby's :) good luck with the voting :)

    ReplyDelete

Super easy fun-fold card that still WOWs!!!

 Our last team meeting Batty Brooks demonstrated this super fun card that looks so difficult, but it is really really easy and has the WOW f...

01 09 10