Monday, February 10, 2020

Kylie's Demonstrator Training February Blog Hop - Stamping with Jen Peek a Boo Bees!




Happy February!!! Can you believe it is already February. Spring is just around the corner!!!  Thank you for joining our Stampin Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! We are so happy that you could join us today for this blog hop for ideas and creative inspiration.  We are a group of Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world that are working together to build our business. Thank you so much for your support!

Make sure you hop along to the next creative project! The link list is below.

For todays card I decided to continue with last weeks theme of Peek a boo cards because I LOVED the fold.  Thank you Susan Levasseur's from WOW NOLA creations for your inspiration with this fold (you can view her video here).    

This time I used the Honey Bee Bundle from the 2020 Mini Catalogue and the corresponding DSP - Golden Honey DSP from the Sale A Bration brochure! This DSP is beautiful and you can cut out images with the die set....so amazing.
I have had so much fun playing with this bundle, who knew bees were fun LOL!!!  What do you think of this card?

The flowers and the bee were cut from the Golden Honey DSP using the dies!!! I simply coloured the flowers with my crush curry stamping write marker and coloured the bee wings and abdomen with blends (light smokey slate for the wings and dark basic black for the abdomen).  Then used wink of Stella to add some glitter to the wings.  I used the Hammered metal 3D embossing folder to add texture to the front panel, and the crushed curry bee hive is just cut using the dies.  I did use the ornate frame dies for the sentiment, but you could really use whatever you have on hand (although I do use these dies often...they are my go to for sentiments!!!)

For the middle of the card I fussy cut the sentiment, but used the top of the beehive as a guide for the curve (watch my video below so that makes sense LOL).  Like my glue dot (on the right of the card)?That was only to keep the front closed for pictures...I just took it off after the pics.


And for the inside I kept it fairly plain to allow space for writing.  I added the second bee to cover my video oops....you can always "fix" mistakes in stamping!!!


I hope you enjoyed this card.  Please watch my video and like and share either from Facebook or Youtube.  



For a list of supplies, please see below.  Thanks for visiting Stamping with Jen with Jennifer Kirk.  Please hop on to the next blog to see what creative projects we have come up with!!






Product List
Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker
131901

22 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Jen! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Jen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Fabulous fold Jen! Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Support Program Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you like it! Thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning fancy fold design. Love all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jen and I love the double fold design.

    ReplyDelete

Super easy fun-fold card that still WOWs!!!

 Our last team meeting Batty Brooks demonstrated this super fun card that looks so difficult, but it is really really easy and has the WOW f...

01 09 10