Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Stamping with Jen Gnome for the Holidays Bubble Technique

 Happy Wednesday! I had so much fun showing the bubble technique to our stamping team that I decided to show it tonight too.  It is a classic technique that has been around for a  long time!!! All you need is water, re-inker, dish detergent and a straw and you can make some really cool backgrounds!!! Check out my video.  I used that technique in todays card.  Can you see what part?


Ok, these Gnomes...I love them!! So cute for Christmas cards. I have had so much fun playing with them.

I have a complete list of supplies at the bottom of this post and a link to my store if you live in Canada, you can buy them from me! To make the background, make sure you watch my video.  I did use two different inks using the bubble technique in this background - Pacific Point and Misty Moonlight. The video I only show one...to do two, just clean out your cup and straw after the first color and then remix and  use the second colour.  You do want it to dry before you put your card together!

For this card, the card base is 8 1/2" X 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  The whisper white layer is 4 X 5 1/4" and is run through the cut and emboss machine three times, once with the winter snow embossing folder and then twice with the large snowflake from the So Many Snow Flakes dies.  You then adhere it to the card base and glue a 4"X 1 1/2" strip of DSP to the front.  Next stamp the gnomes on scrap Whisper White in memento ink and color with blends (or with whatever colouring tools you have). Cut the gnomes out with scissors.  Die cut the stitched square from your bubble background and the scalloped square in Misty Moonlight cardstock.  Die cut a snow bank (or rip whisper white paper to make it look like a snow bank) and adhere to bottom of "bubble DSP". Glue the "bubble DSP" to the scalloped square and the gnomes to the front.  Stamp the sentiment using Misty Moonlight on the "bubble dsp" and punch out using the classic label punch.  Adhere to front using mini dimensionals!  Stamp and decorate inside as you wish!

If you love the gnomes as much I do, make sure you check out my Gnome for the Holidays Class to go. Last day to register is Oct 22.  Don't have the stamp set and live in Canada...no problem, order from me before Oct 22 and get the class to go free! Check out my class to go for details.

Make sure you watch my video to see the fun technique!




A complete list of supplies is provided here.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super easy fun-fold card that still WOWs!!!

 Our last team meeting Batty Brooks demonstrated this super fun card that looks so difficult, but it is really really easy and has the WOW f...

01 09 10